Saturday, May 2, 2009

Art Show


Woo Hoo- I entered an art show this month! never thought I would be the one in an art show. This one is specifically all about purses so I figured I should give it a try. Free advertising if nothing else. I made the bag from all recycled materials. I felted a wool sweater, used vintage lining material from my Mom, thanks Mom and the bamboo handles were off a discarded purse. Only thing new is the thread and the interfacing. The beads, sequins and shells are all 'found items" from tag sales, thrift stores and people cleaning out drawers. they say , "Here you want this stuff?" And of course I say, "Sure, I'll find something to use it on" Which is why I have so musch stuff! Love it though, allows me to make stuff on the cheap. So ihave the purse for sale too. See what happens. Here are some photos of it. And Tom and I did go to the opening wine and cheese party last night.




1 comment:

Craftomania said...

This is beautiful! wonderful work ! good luck at the art show!