Sunday, August 12, 2007

Sunday

Whew I'm pooped. Spent most of my day in the kitchen dealing with the garden bounty. Takes a long time to deal with all that stuff. I made a double recipe of Stuffed Cabbage, Stuffed Peppers and a new item. It is called Cabbage Strudel. It is delicious. Tastes like a dessert but I served it at dinner as a vegetable. Also made onion rings from scratch tonight. On top of all that I finished putting together the treadle sewing machine I just refinished, it came out really nice but what a pain trying to remember where all the parts go! I ended up taking it all apart again this morning and Tom pointed out after all was said and done that I had the wrong screws in the hinges. AAGRRRRHHH. I don't think I want to take it apart again, think I'll just find the right size screws and change them, much easier. I also finished or almost finished painting the side table I stripped last weekend. That cameo out cute too. I wasn't going to paint it but when I stripped it, I discovered it was a mess under the finish, much easier to cover it with paint. So with all that I didn't have much time for crafting. Sue sent me an email and asked if I was interested in a craft fair in Brookfield, it's only $25 so I said yes. We'll be busy this fall. That's 2 in September and one in October so far. Got to remember to call about the November one Darlene told me about.
OK time to go crash-back to work tomorrow

No comments: