Saturday, July 28, 2007

Saturday

Well another summer sale that was a bust. My cousin Sue, my co worker Darlene and I did a show in the lobby of one of our office buildings. I did so well at the last one I thought this one was a shoe in. Maybe because its summer and people are on vacation, maybe it was too hot, maybe they just aren't interested in shopping. I think from now on I will leave the summer to stockpiling and forget the sales. Our next attempt will be on September 7th, closer to fall and the holidays, we will give it a try. I did get a lot of compliments, especially on the denim bags. I thought the note cards I made might be of interest but they were a no go also. I did sell one bag and the tea set I bought at the auction, so all was not lost. I still have plenty of stock and now I can concentrate on projects around the house I need to catch up on, like weeding!

1 comment:

The GlitterFairy... said...

Hey Amy,
Glad to see you're becoming a blogging expert! Fun, isn't it?
Also glad to hear you're getting out there with shows. Be patient, you'll find your niche. Shows are soooo hard to predict. Your stuff looks great! Especially loved the glittered letter on the bag! (wonder why...tee hee)
Looking forward to seeing you again soon.
Laurie