Wednesday, March 4, 2009

March 3rd

So a lot has changed since my last post. First and most importantly I have been able to retire from my full time job and now am at home full time. It feels so good not to have to go to work every day! Of course this occurs at the same time the economy has gone down the tubes which affects our retirement investments. Oh well, we are pretty good at living frugal.
That brings me back to being home all day. Oh the things I have time for now. I can clean out drawers, dust spots I haven't seen in the day light for years, make some of the projects sitting in piles around the house and even do nothing and not feel guilty about it. This leaves me more time to spend with our daughter at home and go see my parents every week. Sometimes I would go months without seeing my Mom and Dad. Maybe now I can even keep this page up to date!
So I will try to keep posting every day, adding new pictures and maybe even recipes. Here's a few pictures of some items I have been able to make.



A crayon caddie, it rolls up and you can carry it in your purse or a kid's backpack, great for traveling or going out to eat. Cool party favors too!










This is an eyeglass case I fashioned from a vintage handkerchief. I folded and sewed it together with some padding in between to make the case. A useful way to use the hankie since no one uses them for their intended purpose any more.

No comments: